Thursday, June 23, 2011

If In Need of Inspiration....

Following an exhausting month of paddling and fundraising for the Eddyflower Total Vertical Challenge (Girls of the Gorge finished with 81,209 feet and $3,170) I was in need of some inspiration. Lucky for me it ended just in time for my favorite week of the year....First Descents camp!!
I was fortunate enough to return as Camp Photographer for another Hood River camp this year. It is amazing to see what the campers can accomplish in only a week!! Fears are crushed, skills are learned, and amazing friendships are created.
The most fascinating thing for me, though, is how often the campers say they are inspired by the camp staff and instructors, when they are the real inspiration. Their stories, what they have accomplished, and their ongoing courage and determination stays with me long past camp. It is a good reminder to not sweat the small stuff.
I love being able to share the river and all it's healing qualities with others, even if it is just for a week. They can take the flow of the river back to their lives, and I can take their smiles.
Thanks to all the campers and staff for another amazing week!! <3 Pixel

No comments: